PDA

View Full Version : Finally had time...350X suspension on 200X

Rapidrick
02-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Well this might be sacroligeous to 350X owners and I do own two, but....

Well, had these parts laying around and finally was able to get the last piece...and since I had a day off from the munchkins I was able to put it all together.

As far as I can tell the actual master mind for this, and especially the rear shock adapter was :salute: Muddy200x (mostly hangs at 3WW) , I merely was lucky enough to finally acquire his specially designed parts for this swap. Any way thought I'd reconfigure one of my beaters.

Haven't taken it out yet, but one of his posts says it's a sweet upgrade. Can't wait. :wow:

dom
02-26-2010, 10:49 PM
That is a wild looking unit.

You have a 350x front shock, then a 200x engine/frame?

What about the rear, is that a custom deal or from a 200x?

Rapidrick
02-27-2010, 01:16 AM
200x swinger with 350x shock.

Looks kind of gangly because it's up in the air. I'll post a pic with it on the ground later this weekend.

Pic added, looks alittle more normal. 2" more front and rear end height, more travel and adjustability. Just need to add the axel spacers and dune sliders then off to Glamis for a test.

Rapidrick
04-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Ride Report:

Rides nicely and much more rear travel than the 200X, never bottomed out when riding hard through the sand at Glamis this afternoon.

Front end needs to have lighter fork oil, I think I'll try ATF b/c of the stiffer springs.

At this point I need to play with the rebound and compression settings alittle and change the fork oil and it should be good to go.

dom
04-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Sounds nice.

Got any vids on youtube?

I need to stiffen up my front forks too.

What are the options for oil?

Besides atf..

GeoD
04-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Looks good rapid. I like the stance.

All it needs now is a 350X motor!!! ;)

Rapidrick
04-11-2010, 06:21 PM
350X motors don't fit well in 200X frames.

You may have heard about the earthquakes in my area. As soon as I can get my garage shop cleaned up I've got another project to start....actually finish.

Here's a teaser

GeoD
04-11-2010, 07:04 PM
All it needs now is a 350X motor!!! ;)

:sarcasm:

TPC
04-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Here's a teaser

I hope you have that done when I come out. I'll trade you a spin on the TPC for a spin on the Nick :salute:

GeoD
04-12-2010, 12:36 AM
So does the longer swingarm compensate for the taller forks?

Rapidrick
04-12-2010, 10:47 PM
I hope you have that done when I come out. I'll trade you a spin on the TPC for a spin on the Nick :salute:

Yes, that trike will be done and will have a +3 or +4 new swinger. That one that's on there is of a 185s frame he made. The stock length is adequate but with 12paddle haulers it's a handful. You have to remember what was raced in Mexico and a different shock and valving in it, so this one won't like to handle rough stuff for a long period of time. Not like your TPC trike would.

So does the longer swingarm compensate for the taller forks?

Longer swinger keeps the front end down. Those are 39mm forks and the tripples will be a couple of inches lower.

Tapper190
05-22-2010, 06:28 AM
When I had my 200x ( just sold it last week), I did this conversion also. I went at it a different way. Where the mono shock mount to the swing arm, I remove it and slid the mounting point back and rewelded it back together. I wanted to get a little more ground clearance but I was really looking for a heavier shock to support my heavier self, lol. It worked out really good. The ride was great. It took longer for the piant to cure than to do the work. I was able to keep the stock air box as well. The picture of the three trikes, the one in the middle has the up grade done to the swinger.
Tapper