PDA

View Full Version : Enzyme cleaner

1986quadracer
04-20-2013, 08:42 PM
A cool experiment. An awesome cleaner that kills grease and won't kill ya. A few years back while flipping burgers a kid came in selling enzyme cleaner. I sprayed some on the greasy grill hood while he stood there, getting ready to laugh at the kid. The stuff worked awesome. You can make your own like making hooch. Leftover fruit, a little sugar, water, toss in some yeast. Gonna test some on a few parts, it's gotta be better than kerosene.

dom
04-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Interesting. It just removes the grease and won't mess up the metal? I have some hard to reach places between the cooling fins on my the motorcycle I just picked up. It would be a good experiment.

1986quadracer
04-22-2013, 01:31 AM
I stared polishing triple trees today. Tomorrow the cleaner will come out and get tested. there are many parts. maybe a small pot metal intake and see if how it works. there are stories of people boiling carbies in lemon juice to clean them out. maybe this solution is slighty acidic and will take off the tarnish. with the light cleaning in the house its working allright. lets see how it does on a greasy r frame:)

dom
04-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Show us the before and after pictures!

GeoD
06-02-2013, 10:10 AM
So what's up with this cleaner? What's the verdict? Should I get my checkbook ready to order this stuff or was it just snake oil?