PDA

View Full Version : rear shock???

luckydog0_18
08-13-2009, 10:21 PM
ok my rear shock is the question today:
when i push on the rear of my Trx250r it doesnt come all the way back up
what could be the reason need refilled? and if you think so how do you do it and howmuch does it cost thanks .

dom
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
It needs to be refilled I think. I believe it's pretty expensive. Canadian350x I think has a post somewhere about the cost.

I want to say it's over $100, but I don't know with certainty.

It might need to rebuilt too!

luckydog0_18
08-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the info dom.

luckydog0_18
08-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I might be better off buying a new one off ebay. I'll look around.

GeoD
08-16-2009, 10:21 PM
The problem with a shock needing to be refilled is like a car's AC. If it needs refilling, then where did the original stuff go? There must be a leak somewhere. Its a closed system (shock oil and gas/AC unit in a car).

If you refill it with the 300psi of nitrogen, is it going to leak out and be a waste of money?

You have to think what else will need replacing. (shock piston, seals, shock shaft, etc....)

You are correct. Can you find a new replacement shock for equal or less money then it would take to rebuild one?

The choices we are face to make!!!.....:confused:

mudpuppy
08-17-2009, 02:29 AM
If the shock has no rebound , then you can pretty much assume it's empty . If mine , I'd weigh the cost of a new unit against having the old rebuilt or buying a kit and rebuilding it myself . I think I'd have it charged by a pro after that - again , that's just me , buy a new (good used) and throw the other on the shelf for a spare - I'm kinda a whore that way:D