Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Project 350X/450R - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project 350X/450R

Where did it link to? Who took it down? I didn't..
    -dm

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Where did it link to? Who took it down? I didn't..
    You can make the pics disappear when editing your own post. Maybe that's what happened.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty" B. Franklin

Right next to the 5,000 acres that is our test track.

Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    Rick,

The link/picture has been removed. It apears some people can not have a discussion/debate without getting upset. One thread has already been closed. No need to go down the path again. Other then that I probably shouldn't comment.

Good news. Showed him all the fun that's been going on and after he stopped laughing and got back on the chair, he said it was ok to put it back up. We both loved your comment about a big bore being the easiest and chepest way to get horsepower, pretty much what the original post was about. Glad we could agree on that at least.
    So here's his Photo Bucket......................bucket?
    http://s573.photobucket.com/home/Hur...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

We humbly await most munificent one, knower of all things 350X to share your thoughts. Please, comment all you want, I'll try not to be mean........'er......................sarcastic, OK?

No point in replying since you have no desire to educate yourself. I am here to help people not get into a bitch fight because someone is unwilling to learn something.

Besides I don't think you want to get into a pissing match with me about 450 trikes

Right next to the 5,000 acres that is our test track.

Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    No point in replying since you have no desire to educate yourself. I am here to help people not get into a bitch fight because someone is unwilling to learn something.

Besides I don't think you want to get into a pissing match with me about 450 trikes
    You 'da one Bubba. We hope you sell a s--t load of 'em!
    Us? We just want the one, 1, uno, that is for it's owner/builderin his fifties, coming off his 3rd back surgery, carrying enough metal that we are taking him to the salvage yard and make a buck off him before we put him in a bag of oil dry and send him off to the local race track.

Sorry, but BTDT is a bench racing term for cold nights in the shop when you're swappin' stories, not meant to be used in the "I know everything" way you do. Kinda' puts some folks off, 'ya know?
    Between the two of us here(Mike and Mike), there's 75, yeah, 75 years of experience in making things and making things go fast. What we build for vehicles, they are for us and us only. Anything with a modified frame will NEVER be sold. We ain't interested in taking any portion of(or taking a dump in) your rice bowl. For definition of that term, "The Sand Pebbles" with Steve McQueen.

What we do sell, is engine work. If someone can figure out our 450R to build one of their own, wonderful! Just don't ask us about it other than the engine and exhaust.

Oh yeah, your snipe at the "bounce test".
    A perfectly legitimate way to test all the pivots and suspension. It works quite well to get an idea of what a conventional set of forks needs, plus the actual rider gets to have all the fun of acting like a juiced Chevy at a hopping contest.
    I would sure hate to think that the guy who showed it to me was lying. Mr. Smith was a riding friend of my first boss in the MC bizz. He took time on a busy Saturday(his, not ours) to pass on a little of his knowledge to 3 young mechanics. 'Course with that last name of Smith, who's to know? It was always easier to call him Malcolm.
    We are never so closed minded as not being willing to learn something new if it purtains to something we are doing, the key thing is new.

So have it.