Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 350x swingarm bEarings

Default 350x swingarm bEarings

My buddy just bought a 85 350x when you rock it side to side you can see the swingarm bolt moving up and down in the frame. We figure it needs new. BEarings but could it need more than that? Should the bolt be able to move that much even if the bearings are bad or should the bolt be snug in the holes of the frame? Thanks

Welcome to the forum 2k2ss.

The swingarm collar may be worn. Unfortunately, that is another part that is....discontinued. You can probably find one on eBay. Once you get another I would replace all the parts you can. If you want to go the cheap route you can purchase these super strong plastic end caps that take the place of the collar and bearings. I grabbed a set but I never tried them because I didn't like the idea of not having the collar in place.
    Last edited by GeoD; 12-26-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Welcome to the site!
    -dm

I used a 300ex swingarm sleeve and cut it down, it fit perfect and you can get a new one easy.

Here's something that may be of interest to all 350X owners. All Balls Bearings has a swingarm bearing and seal kit. And....it looks like it includes the bolt collar (plus the busings)!!! You might want to contact All Balls to verify.

https://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/28-1180.html

Quote Originally Posted by GeoD View Post
    Here's something that may be of interest to all 350X owners. All Balls Bearings has a swingarm bearing and seal kit. And....it looks like it includes the bolt collar (plus the busings)!!! You might want to contact All Balls to verify.

https://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/28-1180.html

yes it does!! I bought that kit at the end of summer when I redid my entire rear. It comes with everything. The only thing not included are teh swing arm "end caps". Great kit!!

Thx for verifying JD!!

Don't forget it doesn't include the swingarm bolt. One day Im going to match up the bolt so we all have new one's readily available.

You might run into the bolt holes in the frame for the swinger bolt have egg shaped! Some guys have taken washers and welded them over to repair the frame. I have seen some pics of this on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by resqtool844 View Post
    You might run into the bolt holes in the frame for the swinger bolt have egg shaped! Some guys have taken washers and welded them over to repair the frame. I have seen some pics of this on the forums.
    did this on my quadracer a while ago worked great

man how do you get the brake hub off !! it wont budge!! any ideas dont have manule im a new member and 350x owner ?? thanks guys